Summer is in full swing, and you may not be thinking skiing, but if you had always dreamed about owning a ski condo in Steamboat, summertime is the best time to buy. Here are my top 5 reasons why:
- Sellers are more motivated in the summer. Most condos in the Mountain area of Steamboat aren’t rented as much in the summertime. This means that the rental income isn’t coming in as much as in the summer, so the sellers that they might be more motivated to sell their property in the summer.
- It’s hard to see ski properties in the winter. If you’re looking for ski condo, especially ski-in, ski-out properties, they may be rented when you search, and most management companies will not allow showings when the units are rented. This means you might not be able to get inside the condos to view them during the high rental season.
- You can really see the outside of the property. Steamboat gets huge amounts of snow each year. With everything covered with white fluff, it makes it harder truly see what shape the building is in. You may like the place on the inside, but there may be some things on the outside that you won’t notice when it’s covered with snow. In the summer, you’ll be able to see your potential property inside and out.
- You’ll be ready for the winter season. It takes from 30-45 days to close on a property. Therefore, if you buy your ski condo in August, you might close in September or even October. If you close in the fall, you’ll have plenty of time to purchase furniture and set up your place to be ready for you and your guests when the ski season rolls around.
- You realize that Steamboat is just as great in the summer as the winter. If you always come to The Boat in the winter, you’ll be pleasantly surprised how gorgeous and fun it is in the summer. Steamboat summers are filled with great events and activities that you might not know about if you’re only here in the cold months. So search for your ski condo in the summer and see all that Steamboat has to offer year-round.
If you’d like more information about great ski properties currently on the market, give us a call!